Wednesday, May 3, 2017

"Like a girl"





The worst stereotype I see affecting our world and one I acknowledge a lot is people telling girls they can't do certain things because they're girls, or making girls feel less valued. The phrase "like a girl" affects our society because it is making us girls feel like we aren't good enough for anything, it's degrading us and making us feel like everything we do is just wrong. It's horrible that guys can't be mature enough and have to bring girls down cause they think it's funny. It's not hilarious that you in order for you to laugh you have to disrespect a girl. "Men" are always disrespecting women and I can't stand it.

Now I don't want to say all men disrespect women but some of them do. To be precise, I know a lot of guys at my school do disrespect girls and they just laugh. They tell girls things that we never wanna hear. And yes some may apologize which I'm thankful for. But I of course still get mad they said something in the first place.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you posted your thoughts about this topic! It can be difficult to talk about such a controversial topic.
    *Don't forget to bold/underline your vocabulary words though :)

    ReplyDelete